Friday, August 17, 2007

First week of school.



School has begun and the kids have just finished their first week. You know, I am not like those parents who just can't wait for the kids to start school. I mean, who am I going to play with while they are gone? OK, I must admit, having lunch with friends is fun...I love that and have done it twice this week. I also must admit I get a heck of a lot more accomplished when they are gone. But I would rather be playing with them than making money...Isn't there some way I can make money playing with them? That would be nice. Anyway, I think their week went well...

On another note...I have a date tonight. His name is Mike. He and I went out on a blind date almost 2 years ago. We went to one of my favorite Italian restaurants and had a really nice time. When the date was over, I thought...What a nice guy! I hope he asks me out again. Well, he didn't...until 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I got a letter from him asking if I remembered him and him explaining about lost phone numbers and busy lives...blah, blah, blah... Anyway, he told me that he did enjoy our date and that he got my address on a drive by...how romantic... Anyway, he asked me out...provided I wasn't currently seeing anyone...and since I am not...we had a date. It was really nice. Good conversation, nice guy. He gave me a hug good bye...WOW...great hugs too!

So tonight Mike (AKA once a year Mike) is making me dinner. Chicken Fettucini Alfredo...he cooks too. And guess what???? HE HAS A STABLE JOB! So with all that going for him...why do I dread the whole thing? I mean...not really, but I just hate starting over. You all know I s*ck at breaking up and I just hate starting a relationship with someone knowing that if and when I need to break up, I won't be able to. Is that dumb or what‽ I've only had 2 dates, think he is nice, HE HAS A JOB and all the other niceties yet I am planning my break up. Is it any wonder I am still single

Mind over matter...we're going to have a great time. I am going to not think about breaking up unless I see good reason to think about it. I don't have to date someone for let's say 4 years before I break up...right? Who knows...maybe by this time next year...I'LL BE MARRIED AND PREGNANT. I wonder if he wants to have more kids...

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Enjoy your date. Just enjoy it, okay? You deserve a nice night out!

Amy said...

I wish I was as good a mom as you, Robin. I don't always wish I could just spend all my time playing with my kids. I love them, but most of the time I'm selfish and want to do my own huge list of things, and my poor kids play on their own.
I hope your date was nice, and I hope you can just go with the flow. If you like him, and your kids start liking the guy, then think twice, three times, a WHOLE LOTTA times before breaking up!