Wednesday, February 21, 2007

LENT

You know, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't have se... never mind... You think that would be enough misery without giving up my favorite addiction...sugar. I can't think of any thing to live for any more. Not only does it coincide with my PMS as well as Paige's, but it coincides with Girl Scouts Cookies coming in and the grand opening of Neilsen's Frozen Custard. Fortunately for me my birthday is on Saturday and we always had an understanding that it was OK for me to eat sugar for my Birthday. I decided to do it big for lent and I was actually going to try to do it all in the Catholic tradition. I even wanted to go to Mass today and get ashes put on my forehead and walk around with a black cross on my head all day. I didn't get around to it, but I think I might go in on Holy Thursday and let the priest wash my feet...that might be cool. I wouldn't mind getting a palm cross on Good Friday or is that Palm Sunday. Anyway, some of the more orthodox Catholics even Fast on Wednesday & Saturdays during Lent. They also don't eat meat on Friday. It might try that. Just imagine how much weight I would lose if I fasted 2 days a week, ate no meat on Friday and no sugar for 46 days. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't imagine being any grumpier than I already am. Maybe I will wait on the fasting part until the sugar is out of my system. Sheesh!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday to you!
happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Robin,
Happy Birthday to you!