Thursday, February 7, 2008

Here is something worth blogging about...

Today was one of the best days I have had in a long, long time. And when I add that it wasn't all that spectacular...that will help you know that it has been a very long time since I had a decent day. Boo Hoo...so anyway. I'll tell you a little bit about it.

Well, I met with our Parenting Coordinator this morning. (she is like this counselor who tries to help dysfunctional parents, like myself and my ex, make decisions regarding our children.) That was OK...but the outcome was pretty good since I got my way both times....and Glen had to pay for it.

After meeting with the PC, I decided to go to the court house to get some legal information. On the way in, this lady was walking out with a smile on her face (something you don't see walking out of the courthouse very often) and she looked and me and smiled and said "There is a God!!!". I turned to her and said "I know, thanks for reminding me." Anyway, I continued in and did what I needed to do. Then as I was driving away, down the road, I saw that same lady hitchhiking. Now I don't normally do this, but seeing that I was in such a good mood and she seemed in one as well, I thought it would be amusing to pick her up and find out what was making her so happy.

So I turned around and picked her up and gave her a ride to a nearby shelter. I asked her why there was a God today. She proceeded to tell me how she had fallen in love 10 years ago, (ugh! Some of us know how dangerous that starting line can be...) and had taken the rap for her boyfriend on something (I didn't pry into the details). It wasn't quite clear the outcome, but I guessed that she had been given community service by the court at the shelter I was taking her to. She told me that the people who are assigned community service usually are more trouble than they are worth at those projects, therefore the managers usually don't treat them very well. She told me that when she got there she decided to do a good job and soon the managers liked her. So now that she is not required to do community service any more, she still wants to help out there. I thought that was cool. It kind of reminded me of the story of Joseph...then I started thinking of Donny and started drooling and ....never mind.

So back to my story...I dropped her off at the shelter. She shook my hand, Thanked me, and told me her name was Nancy, and I told her my name was Robin. We both told each other to have a nice day...and I think my day will be nicer for it and I hope hers will be too.

I don't know...but I think that is kind of a cool story.

After that, I took my kids to Arby's for lunch...kind of a celebration of my win...but I was under strict orders not to present the results with the PC to the children as a win for me. So I told them "Your Dad and I had a discussion with Dr. Joy and we have agreed...< that I could have my way >" The kids both knew it was not their dad that agreed, but that was how I was ordered to present it. WINK WINK!

And then.........I picked up my first paycheck in a long, long time. $91.43!!! Woooooo!!

And then my kids came home from school and we played Dance Dance Revolution

And then my mom took me to dinner to celebrate.

And then I found out that today is Chinese New Year...so Happy Chinese New Year!....

And when I read about Chinese New Year...they say that if your Chinese New Year day is good, then it means the rest of your year will be good. YEAH!!!

I am going to go to bed right now...just in case.

Good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad you WON in the court, FINALLY. Even if it's a small win, it's still a win.

I hope the rest of the year goes well, too.

Mich said...

I love you Robin! Your heart is so big and you never miss an opportunity to show it. Because there is a God, He is letting you win everyday. Have a GREAT year!

Melinda said...

I'm glad you had a good day -- you deserve it. And here's to knowing there are more on the way!