Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I don't know what posesses me...




The other day I saw this ad on Craigslist from a guy who had found a little 5 day old kitten abandoned in his back yard. He left it there to cry for about 30 minutes and then decided the mom was not coming back so he took it in. He bought the special milk and supplies to feed it. Then, I guess he realized that he had to work the next day, he put an ad on Craigslist to find someone who had nothing better to do than bottle feed a tiny little kitten day and night. Not only bottle feed, but help clean and potty the little thing. Did you know that mommy kitties lick their kittens because they need help going potty? I didn't...so if you take in an orphan kitty you have to use a wash cloth to simulate the mommy kitty licking them. It really is a lot of work! You have to do this every time you feed it... which is about every 2 or 3 hours or so. Also it needs to be kept at 90 degrees....which is not comfortable for most of us...anyway...here's a picture of the sweet little girl...she is only 6 days old...Isn't she sweet?

2 comments:

Janice said...

Funny, I am not an "animal person" but just today, I was thinking about wanting a kitty. So darling! I'm proud of you for taking it on.

Amy said...

Did you buy the stuffed animal cat just to be a kitty mommy, or was that already lying around? Wow, what a lot of work!